It's been an eventful summer at BLVD and now that it's winding down we have a couple exciting announcements!
This past Sunday, Boulevard Veterinary set up shop at the Logan Square Farmer's Market. In the spirit of Halloween fun, our photobooth came with costume accessories for you and your pets! See all the fun below, and if you come in for a visit soon you'll see we have plenty of accessories for your pet's to try on when they come in for a visit!
Check out our upcoming seasonal events, listed below!:
- Saturday, 10/28: Trick-Or-Treating in Montgomery Ward Park from 2-4! Free Halloween fun for the whole family along the beautiful river walk in our new neighborhood. Put on by the River North Residents Association, the event has over 20 participating local businesses giving out candy, freebies, and hosting spooktastic activities! BLVD Vet will be there handing out treats for pups & peeps!
- Tuesday, 10/31: Trick-Or-Treat & Doggy Dress up at BLVD Vet River North from 5-7pm! Our new neighbors, the Erie Centre Condo Association, are hosting a building wide trick-or-treating event and we're taking part with treats for pups & peeps, plus doggy costume props & photo ops in our beautiful new lobby! Stop by our 375 W. Erie location for a treat and a photo-op!
- "Yappy Hours": Does your building hold social events in the lobby of your residence? BLVD Vet would love to host a "Yappy Hour" social event for pups & peeps in your lobby! We're set for fun mixers with our River North neighbors, Parc Huron, Erie on the Park, and we would love to add your residence to our calendar! Email our Events Director, Kelly Frederickson, at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a "Yappy Hour" at your building!
Thanks again for stopping by our booth at Taste of River North 2017!
It was wonderful to meet you at the Taste of River North! We couldn't have asked for a warmer welcome from the River North community and all of your four legged friends. BLVD Vet is thrilled to be joining such an active, engaged community and can't wait to open our doors to you this August. We'd like to extend a big thank you to the River North Residents Association (RNRA) for having us as sponsors and for organizing such a lively and pet friendly event.
Through rain storms and summer sun, the tropical doggy photo booth (albeit one feline friend determinedly got their photo too) was a hit! Enjoy all the furry cuteness below and click here for the full size images!
Dear Friends and Clients,
As some of you may have heard, we have some exciting news to share--BLVD Vet is expanding! In just a few weeks we will be opening a second full service veterinary practice in the River North neighborhood of Chicago, at 375 W. Erie.
We're hard at work designing the clinic to be as fresh and welcoming as our Logan Square location and you can expect the staff to be the same friendly, professional team always striving to accommodate to your needs. Over the past few months we’ve been investing in some great new staff members and training them in the the BLVD way of doing things so that they’re ready to hit the ground running.
We’re going to be using the same phone number, same website, same social media, and the same management team for both locations to ensure consistency in service. We anticipate opening our doors August 15th--possibly sooner!
For our current clients at BLVD Vet Logan Square, or future clients of BLVD Vet River North, we’d be incredibly grateful if you referred BLVD Vet to any of your pet-owning friends who live in or near downtown Chicago. As always, our clients receive a $15 credit for EVERY household that they refer. Make sure you tell your friends to notify our front desk of your referral. We’ve found organic client word of mouth to be by far the best way to grow. For those of you who happen to live in or near downtown, you’ll be able to seamlessly transition to the new location if you prefer. It's hassle free as all medical records can be securely shared between practices.
Dr. Dylan and Dr. Williams will be available for appointments at both the River North and Logan Square locations. As always, we encourage our clients to request the veterinarian that they prefer and we will do our very best to accommodate those preferences based on scheduling. As they will be scheduled for two days at each location every week, we do not anticipate any difficulty in continuing to see your preferred veterinarian at Logan Square once River North opens. Our relief veterinarians, Dr. Ho and Dr. Holub will also lend their time and expertise at River North.
As an aside, we'd also like to note that no outside investors or private equity firms were partnered with for the new location, meaning that BLVD Vet will continue to be a 100% locally owned and managed small business. We believe that allows us to keep client and patient care as our top priority, as well as quickly adapt and change to community needs.
Thank you so much for your patronage and business. As always, we welcome your feedback and will use it to make BLVD Vet River North just as successful as BLVD Vet Logan Square!
Dr. Dylan Frederickson and the BLVD Team
We recently participated in For Paws Club Charity Pool Party at at Pet Care Plus, and for everyone who came, we thank you! The event raised over $1,000 for One Tail at a Time, an amazing organization that operates as an all-breed dog rescue committed to lowering euthanasia rates in the greater Chicagoland area through the rescue and adoption of dogs in need; provides comprehensive support of adopters; and community outreach through humane education programs and assistance for disadvantaged and low-income families. If you're interested in adopting, check out their available dogs here!
As for our attendees, here are many of the photos we snapped (due to limited storage space on our camera). It was so much fun to see everyone's dogs having an absolute blast in their tropical leis and sparkly party hats and we hope you love your polaroids!
For those who didn't get to see us here (or those of you who want to party with us again!) and want their own Polaroid snapshot with their pet, we're going to be attending the Taste of River North festival with Pet Care Plus July 12-23. Come find us!
Until next time,
Dr. Dylan and the BLVD Team
Hello friends and clients,
Happy New Year! We are proud to announce that we are now AAHA accredited! Only 12% of veterinary hospitals in the U.S. and Canada have met their rigorous standards of excellence and accreditation application is completely voluntary. To become AAHA accredited, our practice was evaluated for approximately 900 standards of veterinary care established by AAHA veterinary experts. We had our facilities inspected, standard operating procedures reviewed, and medical records evaluated for thoroughness.
The American Animal Hospital Association was established in 1933 by leaders in the field with the mission to:
• Enhance the abilities of veterinarians to provide quality medical care to companion animals
• Enable veterinarians to successfully conduct their practices and maintain their facilities with high standards of excellence
• Meet the public's needs as they relate to the delivery of small animal veterinary medicine
Preparing for AAHA accreditation in 2016 both validated our methods and helped us increase the value and quality of our veterinary care. We look forward to the challenge of maintaining our AAHA accreditation as we grow - continuing to pass on the benefits of expert, standardized care to you and your pets.
Thank you for your support,
Dr. Dylan and the BLVD Team
Dear Friends and Clients,
Boulevard Veterinary would like to wish you and your family (furry and otherwise) Happy Holidays! We also want to thank you for your business and patronage over the past year. Here are a few highlights for BLVD in 2016:
- We added 4 full time staff members: Dr. Julie Geisler (veterinarian), Jamie Pelon (Vet Tech), Marina Letica (Client Care), and Meghan Watson (Client Care), growing our total full time staff to 10. Each of these hires has been invaluable in their insights and work ethic.
- Dr. Geisler introduced chiropractic care as a new service offered at BLVD Vet.
- We now provide medical care for nearly 3,000 cats and dogs in the Logan Square area! 61% of our patients are dogs and 39% are cats.
- In October BLVD Vet was honored to win the 2016 Logan Squarist “Best Business for Pets” Award. Hats off to the other great pet-related businesses in Logan Square.
- In partnership with ALIVE Rescue, Bialy's Wellness Foundation and One Tail at a Time, BLVD Vet provided discounted medical care to over 60 rescued dogs including spays, neuters and dental procedures.
Thank you so much for your continued support of locally owned businesses—the diversity of our business community is one of the attributes that makes Logan Square such a great place to live.
As always, we deeply appreciate any online reviews that our clients leave for us on our Yelp or Google pages. It’s a vital way to compete against bigger competitors in today’s digital world.
Be safe and merry,
Dr. Dylan and the BLVD Team